Settlement of charter party disputes
- Legal evaluation of bareboat charter / time-charter contract, including cases when the contract contains elements of contract for services, for works. Evaluation of perspectives for execution or cancellation of charter contract.
- Allocation of risks of loss or damage to a vessel.
- Settlement of claims of third persons in relation to a vessel in charter.
- Support of third persons’ interests in the process of check of vessel’s seaworthiness, technical survey and commercial condition.
- Search, arrest and confiscation of vessel, including outside the territory of Russian Federation.
- Collection of debt for payments for bunker, oil and other supplies left on the vessel after her return from charter, or on vessel that is in the charter.
- Settlement of disputes to name bareboat charter / time-charter contract as void due to inability to establish: names of parties, name of vessel, her technical and operational characteristics (cargo capacity, tonnage, speed, etc.), area of operation, purpose of charter, period of charter, place of delivery and return of vessel, freight, contract validity period.
- Coercion for bringing the vessel into a seaworthy condition, fitness to carry cargo.
- Settlement of disputes in relation to breach of charterer’s duty to a cargo owner.
- Limit of liability for damages incurred in salvage operations, loss or damage to chartered vessel.
- Settlement of claims for payment of freight to shipowner, including cases when the vessel was unseaworthy and off-hire.