Registration of ships and ships rights - an action faced by any person acquiring a ship, regardless of its characteristics, purpose of operation and method of ownership.
|Ship registry - a set of information about the rights of businesses and individuals to the ships, as well as documents on the ship (ship case). It contains information about the rights to ships
Register (sea or river) - the body for the classification, technical inspection of vessels. It determines the suitability of vessels for navigation and issues documents for registration in the register.
Registration of a vessel predetermines the navigation areas accessible to the vessel, the legal regime for its use and, of course, the cost of maintaining it. Which ship register will be most relevant to the operation of the ship? What information, documents, state fees will be required for registration of the vessel? How long does it take to register a vessel? Which registry should I choose if I need a license? How to make customs, border clearance of the vessel? These and many other questions are asked shipowners - individuals and legal entities.
Our lawyers provide legal assistance to shipowners in choosing a convenient flag and a ship registry for registering cargo, passenger ships, yachts, boats and other means of water transport. Based on the type and characteristics of the vessel, nationality, status of the shipowner and the purpose of the vessel’s operation, maritime lawyers make recommendations on the selection of the ship’s registry, taking into account legal, financial and organizational criteria for the convenience and profitability of registering in a specific registry for the shipowner.
Depending on the type of vessel and the method of its operation in the Russian Federation, the following types of registration are possible:
- Registration of the vessel in the state ship registry;
- Registration of the vessel in the Russian international registry;
- Registering a vessel in the bareboat charter registry;
- Registration in the register of small vessels;
- Registration in the register of ships under construction.
Legal assistance is provided, both in the form of advice on registration and the effects of registration (paying taxes and fees on ships, issuing ships to go abroad, etc.), and in the form of drawing up and examining documents for registration, shipowners representation in with the captains of seaports, administrations of the basins of inland waterways, centers of state inspection on small vessels (GIMS) EMERCOM of Russia. It also provides full legal assistance in the implementation of such actions as the registration of small vessels (for non-commercial purposes), sea (merchant) vessel, river vessel.
Additionally, shipowners are provided with legal assistance in registering ships under the flags of foreign countries and in foreign ship registries - Malta, Moldova, Art. Keats and Nevis, Panama, Marshall Islands, Belize and others.
Applying for legal assistance in registering a vessel with our attorneys allows the shipowner to significantly save time on drawing up and preparing documents, minimize the risks of refusal and registration delays, and most importantly, use the maximum possible amount of benefits available to a particular ship and shipowner.
Legal assistance for registration of vessels consists of the following:
- Consultation on the choice of the flag and the ship registry;
- Consultation on the legal regime of use of a registered vessel (customs and tax aspects, change of ownership, border clearance);
- Drawing up, introducing changes and legal expertise of documents of title to the vessel (contract / contract of sale, memorandum, etc.);
- Drawing up an application for registration and registration of applications to it (ship registry questionnaire, classification documents, etc.);
- Submission of documents and monitoring the passage of documents in the authorities authorized to register the vessels. Elimination of deficiencies and comments identified by the registering authority on the basis of the consideration of the application for registration;
- Receipt of registration documents.
Some examples of ship registration cases:
- CNGS Group - registration of a floating non-propelled barge for offshore projects TB 600 in the Russian International Register of Ships;
- Alfa-Leasing - registration of the fishing vessel KAMCHATKA HARVEST in the Russian international register of vessels;
- BBC Chartering - advising on the registration of ships in the Russian International Register of Ships and navigation along the Northern Sea Route;
- The largest Russian distributor of boats and yachts - assistance in registering sold boats and boats in the register of small vessels;
- Shiphanza - registration of the vessel EMERALD 1 in the bareboat charter registry of vessels;
- Russian Cruises - registration of passenger ships of the type "Meteor" and "Moscow" in the state ship registry;
- Famous Russian entrepreneur - registration of a newly built Dutch yacht (service / traveling vessel) in the Russian International Register of Ships;
- Gazpromneft Shelf - advising on the division of responsibility between the owner and charterer of vessels: Mikhail Ulyanov, Kirill Lavrov, Vladislav Strizhov, Yuri Topchev.
If you or your partners need to register ships or have questions about choosing a convenient flag, type of registration, contact Law Office of St. Petersburg "Inmarine" by phone +7(812) 603-48-63 for legal assistance or email to email@example.com .